In 2006, Shipton Treks & Expeditions organized an Austrian expedition whose members were exceptionally successful on Shipton Tower as well as on the Trango Towers (a report of the expedition appeared on www.bergsteigen.at)
Note: Itinerary (can be shortened or extended depending on time, weather and physical condition)
|Days||Destinations / Day by day itinerary||Accommodation|
|01||Arrive at Islamabad afternoon welfare meeting with Alpine Club||Hotel|
|02||Fly to Skardu or drive to Chilas on Karakorum highway 11-12hrs||Hotel|
|03||Rest day in Skardu or drive from Chilas to Skardu 8-9hrs 290km||Hotel|
|04||Drive to Askoli 6-7hrs 3000m||Camp|
|05||Trek to Jhola 6-7hrs 18km 3200m||Camp|
|06||Trek to Paiyu 6-7-hrs 16.6km 3450m||Camp|
|07||Trek to Trango Tower base camp||Camp|
|08 / 35
||28 days for climbing||Camp|
|36||Trek down to Paiyu||Camp|
|37||Trek down to Jhola||Camp|
|38||Trek down to Askoli||Camp|
|39||Drive to Skardu 6-7hrs||Hotel|
|40||Fly to Islamabad or drive to Chilas 8-9hrs||Hotel|
|41||Farewell meeting with alpine club of or drive form Chilas to Islamabad||Hotel|
|42||Transfer to Islamabad airport for international flight|
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Dates & Prices
|Best Time For Climbing||Duration of Expedition||Group size||Expedition package|
|June to September Every Year||30 Days ISB-ISB||05-07-12 Climbers||Depends on group Size|
|Contact Us for Prices|
Services included in the Package
• Climbing permit process.
• Royalty of the Peak.
• Additional royalty fee per additional member above 7Pax.
• Environmental Fee
• Liaison officer/Guide daily wages and insurance
• Liaison officer /Guide equipment
• Staff: Guide, cook, assistant cook and kitchen Boy
• Cooking Equipment Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
• Camping Food: During trekking and at base camp.
• Porters: Required porters their wages, food, equipment, transport, and insurance.
• Accommodation with B/L/D(except in Islamabad)
• Transportation Islamabad to Islamabad
• Camping Equipment such as sleeping tent, mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, chairs, tables table lamps etc
• Member's personal baggage 75KGs per person way up to base camp and 50KGs per person way back after Expedition.
• Arrange welfare meeting with Alpine Club
• Cargo equipment storege.
• Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
• International flights tickets re-confirmation
• Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)