Basque team Alberto Iñurrategi, Juan Vallejo and Mikel Zabalza attempted new route on Southside of Paiju Peak (6610). Paiyu is often crowded and noisy.
The tent platforms higher along the stream are quieter with good views.Paiyu is the last source of wood porters get one rest at Paiju and it is very famous dancing and singing at Paiju at Night.
Note: Itinerary (can be shortened or extended depending on time, weather and physical condition)
|Days||Destinations / Day by day itinerary||Accommodation|
|01||Arrive at Islamabad afternoon welfare meeting with Alpine Club||Hotel|
|02||Fly to Skardu or drive to Chilas on Karakorum highway 11-12hrs||Hotel|
|03||Rest day in Skardu or drive from Chilas to Skardu 8-9hrs 290km||Hotel|
|04||Drive to Askoli 6-7hrs 3000m||Camp|
|05||Trek to Jhola 6-7hrs 18km 3200m||Camp|
|06||Trek to Paiyu 6-7-hrs 16.6km 3450m||Camp|
|07||Trek to Paiju peak base camp||Camp|
|08-23||28 Days for climbing||Camp|
|24||Trek down to Paiyu||Camp|
|25||Trek down to Jhola||Camp|
|26||Trek down to Askoli||Camp|
|27||Drive to Skardu 6-7hrs||Hotel|
|28||Fly to Islamabad or drive to Chilas 8-9hrs||Hotel|
|29||Farewell meeting with alpine club of or drive form Chilas to Islamabad||Hotel|
|30||Transfer to Islamabad airport for international flight|
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Dates & Prices
|Best Time For Climbing||Duration of Expedition||Group size||Expedition package|
|June to September Every Year||30 Days ISB-ISB||05-07-12 Climbers||Depends on group Size|
|Contact Us for Prices|
Services included in the Package
• Climbing permit process.
• Royalty of the Peak.
• Additional royalty fee per additional member above 7Pax.
• Environmental Fee
• Liaison officer/Guide daily wages and insurance
• Liaison officer /Guide equipment
• Staff: Guide, cook, assistant cook and kitchen Boy
• Cooking Equipment Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
• Camping Food: During trekking and at base camp.
• Porters: Required porters their wages, food, equipment, transport, and insurance.
• Accommodation with B/L/D(except in Islamabad)
• Transportation Islamabad to Islamabad
• Camping Equipment such as sleeping tent, mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, chairs, tables table lamps etc
• Member's personal baggage 75KGs per person way up to base camp and 50KGs per person way back after Expedition.
• Arrange welfare meeting with Alpine Club
• Cargo equipment storege.
• Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
• International flights tickets re-confirmation
• Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)