The peak is challenging even for experienced climbers, the base camp area is amazingly beautiful with grassy ground and snowy peaks of surrounding. There are many smaller peaks to be used for acclimatization, which are very close to base camp of Drifika.
The Nangma valley houses some of the finest sheer rock towers standing shoulder to shoulder including the Amin Brack (5584m) and Great Tower (5800m), Brakk Zang, Sotulpa Peak (4800m), Drifika, (6000m) pyramid of snow and ice.
Note: Itinerary (can be shortened or extended depending on time, weather and physical condition)
|Days||Destinations / Day by day itinerary||Accommodation|
|01||Arrive Islamabad, afternoon welfare meeting with Alpine Club||Hotel|
|02||Drive to Chilas on Karakorum highway 11-12 hrs||Hotel|
|03||Drive to Skardu along with Indus River 8-9 hrs||Hotel|
|04||Drive to Hushe Village.||Camping|
|05||Trek to Saicho.||Camping|
|06||Trek to Drifika base camp.||Camping|
|07 / 26
||Reserve for climbing||Camping|
|27||Trek back to Hushe village.||Camping|
|28||Drive back to Skardu||Hotel|
|29||Drive to Chilas 8-9hrs||Hotel|
|30||Drive to Islamabad 11-12hrs||Hotel|
|31||Morning farewell meeting with Alpine Club, afternoon sightseeing||Hotel|
|32||Transfer to Islamabad airport for international flight|
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Dates & Prices
|Best Time For Climbing||Duration of Expedition||Group size||Expedition package|
|June - August||42 Days ISB-ISB||05-07-12 Climbers||Depends on group Size|
|Contact Us for Prices|
Services included in the Package
• Climbing permit process.
• Royalty of the Peak.
• Additional royalty fee per additional member above 7Pax.
• Environmental Fee
• Liaison officer/Guide daily wages and insurance
• Liaison officer /Guide equipment
• Staff: Guide, cook, assistant cook and kitchen Boy
• Cooking Equipment Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
• Camping Food: During trekking and at base camp.
• Porters: Required porters their wages, food, equipment, transport, and insurance.
• Accommodation with B/L/D(except in Islamabad)
• Transportation Islamabad to Islamabad
• Camping Equipment such as sleeping tent, mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, chairs, tables table lamps etc
• Member's personal baggage 75KGs per person way up to base camp and 50KGs per person way back after Expedition.
• Arrange welfare meeting with Alpine Club
• Cargo equipment storege.Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
• International flights tickets re-confirmation
• Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)