Moreover, in the valley of the Dumurdo River, mountains from which you get fantastic views can be reached relatively easily. As far as flora and fauna are concerned, this area is hard to beat. Here it is more likely than anywhere else to sight ibex and even bears and snow leopards.
There are two options: you can either follow the Chokti glacier or thus get to the base of the over 7000-metre-high mountains of the Ogre and Latok group.
Note: Itinerary (can be shortened or extended depending on time, weather and physical condition)
|Days||Destinations / Day by day itinerary||Accommodation|
|01||Arrive Islamabad, afternoon welfare meeting with Alpine Club||Hotel|
|02||Drive to Chilas on Karakorum highway 11-12 hrs||Hotel|
|03||Drive to Skardu along with Indus River 8-9 hrs||Hotel|
|04||Drive to Askole 5-6 hrs||Camping|
|05||Trek to Korfong||Camping|
|06||Trek to Bohla/uper Jhola||Camping|
|07||Trek to panmah pasture||Camping|
|08||Trek to Morait||Camping|
|09||Trek to Lamidokpa||Camping|
|10||Trek to choktoi glacier Latok Group & Ogre Base Camp||Camping|
|11-40||23-days for climbing||Camping|
|41||Trek back to Lamidokpa||Camping|
|42||Trek back to Morait Biana||Camping|
|43||Trek back to Panmah passture||Camping|
|44||Trek back to Bohla-Uper Jhola||Camping|
|45||Trek Back to Askole||Camping|
|46||Drive back to Skardu||Hotel|
|47||Drive to Chilas 8-9hrs||Hotel|
|48||Drive to Islamabad 11-12hrs||Hotel|
|49||Morning farewell meeting with Alpine Club, afternoon sightseeing||Hotel|
|50||Transfer to Islamabad airport for international flight|
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Dates & Prices
|Best Time For Climbing||Duration of Expedition||Group size||Expedition package|
|June - August||50 Days ISB-ISB||05-07-12 Climbers||Depends on group Size|
|Contact Us for Prices|
Services included in the Package
• Climbing permit process.
• Royalty of the Peak.
• Additional royalty fee per additional member above 7Pax.
• Environmental Fee
• Liaison officer/Guide daily wages and insurance
• Liaison officer /Guide equipment
• Staff: Guide, cook, assistant cook and kitchen Boy
• Cooking Equipment Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
• Camping Food: During trekking and at base camp.
• Porters: Required porters their wages, food, equipment, transport, and insurance.
• Accommodation with B/L/D(except in Islamabad)
• Transportation Islamabad to Islamabad
• Camping Equipment such as sleeping tent, mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, chairs, tables table lamps etc
• Member's personal baggage 75KGs per person way up to base camp and 50KGs per person way back after Expedition.
• Arrange welfare meeting with Alpine Club
• Cargo equipment storege.Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
• International flights tickets re-confirmation
• Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)