On June 25, 1958 Rakaposhi was first climbed by British-Pakistani joint expedition via the Southwest Spur/Ridge Mike Banks and Tom Patey of UK reached the summit. The North Spur was climbed on August 2, 1979 by Eiho Ohtani and Matsushi Yamashita of Waseda University Japan.
Note: Itinerary (can be shortened or extended depending on time, weather and physical condition)
|Days||Destinations / Day by day itinerary||Accommodation|
|01||Arrive Islamabad transfer to hotel, afternoon welfare meeting with ACP||Hotel|
|02||Drive to Chilas on Karakorum highway 11-12 hrs 461km||Hotel|
|03||Drive from chilas to Gilgit 3-4hrs||Hotel|
|04||Drive from Gilgit to Joglot and Jeep transfer to Joglot village||Camp|
|05||Trek to Rakaposhi base camp on Kunti glacier||Camp|
|06 / 35
||30 days for climbing||Camp|
|36||Trek down to Darakush||Camp|
|37||Trek down to Joglot and drive to Chilas||Hotel|
|38||Drive to Islamabad 11-12hrs||Camp|
|39||Morning farewell meeting with Alpine Club, afternoon sightseeing||Hotel|
|40||Transfer to Islamabad airport for international flight|
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Dates & Prices
|Best Time For Climbing||Duration of Expedition||Group size||Expedition package|
|June - August||40 Days ISB-ISB||05-07-12 Climbers||Depends on group Size|
|Contact Us for Prices|
Services included in the Package
• Climbing permit process.
• Royalty of the Peak.
• Additional royalty fee per additional member above 7Pax.
• Environmental Fee
• Liaison officer/Guide daily wages and insurance
• Liaison officer /Guide equipment
• Staff: Guide, cook, assistant cook and kitchen Boy
• Cooking Equipment Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
• Camping Food: During trekking and at base camp.
• Porters: Required porters their wages, food, equipment, transport, and insurance.
• Accommodation with B/L/D(except in Islamabad)
• Transportation Islamabad to Islamabad
• Camping Equipment such as sleeping tent, mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, chairs, tables table lamps etc
• Member's personal baggage 75KGs per person way up to base camp and 50KGs per person way back after Expedition.
• Arrange welfare meeting with Alpine Club
• Cargo equipment storege.Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
• International flights tickets re-confirmation
• Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)