Masherbrum or K-1 is another majestic peak of the Karakoram Range. Masherbrum proves to be an enthralling climb for mountaineers. It has been attempted by number of climbers but only few have reached the summit.
The first attempt was made by James Waller and his party in 1938 but deep snow forced them to surrender at an altitude of 7600 meters. In 1960, a Pak-American Expedition led by Dr. George Bell reached the summit. The successful climbers include Willi Unsoeld, George Bell, and Nick Clinch of USA and Captain Javed Aktar of Pakistan Army.
Note: Itinerary (can be shortened or extended depending on time, weather and physical condition)
|Days||Destinations / Day by day itinerary||Accommodation|
|01||Arrive Islamabad transfer to hotel, afternoon welfare meeting with ACP||Hotel|
|02||Drive to Chilas on Karakorum highway 11-12 hrs 461km||Hotel|
|03||Drive to Skardu along with Indus River 8-9hrs 290km||Hotel|
|04||Drive to Askoli 6-7hrs 3000m||Camp|
|05||Trek to Jhola 5-6hrs 3200m||Camp|
|06||Trek to Paiyu 6-7 hrs 3450m||Camp|
|07||Rest day in Paiyu||Camp|
|08||Trek to Khubursy 5-6 hrs||Camp|
|09||Trek to Urdukas 3-4hrs 4050m||Camp|
|10||Trek to Masherbrum base camp 6-7hrs||Camp|
|11 / 41
||30 days for climbing||Camp|
|42||Trek back to Urdukus (6-7hrs)||Camp|
|43||Trek to Paiyu (6-7hrs)||Camp|
|44||Trek to Jhola (6-7hrs)||Camp|
|55||Trek to Askole (6-7hrs)||Camp|
|46||Drive to Skardu 5-6 hrs||Hotel|
|47||Drive to Chilas 8-9hrs||Hotel|
|48||Drive to Islamabad 11-12hrs||Hotel|
|49||Morning farewell meeting with Alpine Club, afternoon sightseeing||Hotel|
|50||Transfer to Islamabad airport for international flight||Hotel|
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Dates & Prices
|Best Time For Climbing||Duration of Expedition||Group size||Expedition package|
|June - August||50 Days ISB-ISB||05-07-12 Climbers||Depends on group Size|
|Contact Us for Prices|
Services included in the Package
• Climbing permit process.
• Royalty of the Peak.
• Additional royalty fee per additional member above 7Pax.
• Environmental Fee
• Liaison officer/Guide daily wages and insurance
• Liaison officer /Guide equipment
• Staff: Guide, cook, assistant cook and kitchen Boy
• Cooking Equipment Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
• Camping Food: During trekking and at base camp.
• Porters: Required porters their wages, food, equipment, transport, and insurance.
• Accommodation with B/L/D(except in Islamabad)
• Transportation Islamabad to Islamabad
• Camping Equipment such as sleeping tent, mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, chairs, tables table lamps etc
• Member's personal baggage 75KGs per person way up to base camp and 50KGs per person way back after Expedition.
• Arrange welfare meeting with Alpine Club
• Cargo equipment storege.
• Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
• International flights tickets re-confirmation
• Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)