After the first ascent of Broad Peak in 195, Hermann Buhl and Kurt Diemberger tried to climb Chogolisa, but they had to turn back due to bad weather. On the way down, Hermann Buhl stepped on a cornice and fell to his death. He has never been found.
The first ascent of the North-East summit (7654m) was made by a Japanese expedition in 1958. The South-West Summit (7665m) was first reached by the Austrians G. Ammerer and F. Pressl in 1975.
In 2012 Shipton Tres & Tours organized the expedition of the Austrian top climber David Lama and his partner, Peter Ortner, who summited the mountain and skied down.
Note: Itinerary (can be shortened or extended depending on time, weather and physical condition)
|Days||Destinations / Day by day itinerary||Accommodation|
|01||Arrive Islamabad transfer to hotel, afternoon welfare meeting with ACP||Hotel|
|02||Drive to Chilas on Karakorum highway 11-12 hrs 461km||Hotel|
|03||Drive to Skardu along with Indus River 8-9hrs 290km||Hotel|
|04||Drive to Askoli 6-7hrs 3000m||Camp|
|05||Trek to Jhola 5-6hrs 3200m||Camp|
|06||Trek to Paiyu 6-7 hrs 3450m||Camp|
|07||Rest day in Paiyu||Camp|
|08||To Khubursy 5-6 hrs||Camp|
|09||Trek to Urdukas 3-4hrs 4050m||Camp|
|10||Trek to Goro-II (5-6hrs) 4380m||Camp|
|11||Trek to Chogolisa Base Camp||Camp|
|12 / 35||28 days for climbing||Camp|
|36||Trek to Goro-II (5-6hrs) 4380m||Camp|
|37||Trek to Paiyu 6-7 hrs 3450m||Camp|
|38||Trek to Jhola 5-6hrs 3200m||Camp|
|39||Trek to askole 6-7hrs 3000m||Camp|
|40||Drive to Skardu 5-6 hrs||Camp|
|41||Drive to Chilas 8-9hrs||Camp|
|42||Drive to Islamabad 11-12hrs||Hotel|
|43||Morning farewell meeting with Alpine Club, afternoon sightseeing||Hotel|
|44||Transfer to Islamabad airport for international flight|
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Dates & Prices
|Best Time For Climbing||Duration of Expedition||Group size||Expedition package|
|June - August||45 Days ISB-ISB||05-07-12 Climbers||Depends on group Size|
|Contact Us for Prices|
Services included in the Package
• Climbing permit process.
• Royalty of the Peak.
• Additional royalty fee per additional member above 7Pax.
• Environmental Fee
• Liaison officer/Guide daily wages and insurance
• Liaison officer /Guide equipment
• Staff: Guide, cook, assistant cook and kitchen Boy
• Cooking Equipment Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
• Camping Food: During trekking and at base camp.
• Porters: Required porters their wages, food, equipment, transport, and insurance.
• Accommodation with B/L/D(except in Islamabad)
• Transportation Islamabad to Islamabad
• Camping Equipment such as sleeping tent, mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, chairs, tables table lamps etc
• Member's personal baggage 75KGs per person way up to base camp and 50KGs per person way back after Expedition.
• Arrange welfare meeting with Alpine Club
• Cargo equipment storege.
• Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
• International flights tickets re-confirmation
• Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)