In 2006 Shipton Treks & Expeditions organized an expedition whose aim it was to take down a young German woman who had died of oedema at 5600m. The body was carried down and transported to Germany. We were able to be of great service to the relatives of the climber.
Shipton Treks & Tours has organized several successful expeditions to the mountain.
Note: Itinerary (can be shortened or extended depending on time, weather and physical condition)
|Days||Destinations / Day by day itinerary||Accommodation|
|01||Arrive Islamabad, afternoon welfare meeting with Alpine Club||Hotel|
|02||Drive to Chilas on Karakorum highway 11-12 hrs||Hotel|
|03||Drive to Skardu along with Indus River 8-9 hrs||Hotel|
|04||Drive to Aroundo 6-7 hrs||Camp|
|05||Trek to Chogo Brangsa camp 3,300m.||Camp|
|06||Trek to Bolocho camp 3,800m.||Camp|
|07||Trek to Spantik base camp 4,300m.||Camp|
|08 / 23
||16 days for climbing||Camp|
|24||Trek down to Bolocho 4-5 hrs||Camp|
|25||Trek down to Aroundo 4-5 hrs||Camp|
|26||Drive back to Skardu 6-7 hrs||Camp|
|27||Drive to Chilas 8-9hrs||Hotel|
|28||Drive to Islamabad 11-12hrs||Hotel|
|29||Morning farewell meeting with Alpine Club, afternoon sightseeing||Hotel|
|30||Transfer to Islamabad airport for international flight|
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Dates & Prices
|Best Time For Climbing||Duration of Expedition||Group size||Expedition package|
|June - August||30 Days ISB-ISB||05-07-12 Climbers||Depends on group Size|
|Contact Us for Prices|
Services included in the Package
• Climbing permit process.
• Royalty of the Peak.
• Additional royalty fee per additional member above 7Pax.
• Environmental Fee
• Liaison officer/Guide daily wages and insurance
• Liaison officer /Guide equipment
• Staff: Guide, cook, assistant cook and kitchen Boy
• Cooking Equipment Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
• Camping Food: During trekking and at base camp.
• Porters: Required porters their wages, food, equipment, transport, and insurance.
• Accommodation with B/L/D(except in Islamabad)
• Transportation Islamabad to Islamabad
• Camping Equipment such as sleeping tent, mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, chairs, tables table lamps etc
• Member's personal baggage 75KGs per person way up to base camp and 50KGs per person way back after Expedition.
• Arrange welfare meeting with Alpine Club
• Cargo equipment storege.
• Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
• International flights tickets re-confirmation
• Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)