The first ascent was made by a small Austrian expedition via the Western Spur. Hermann Buhl, Kurt Diemberger, Marcus Schmuck and Fritz Wintersteller did not employ high altitude porters and carried all loads themselves. All four reached the summit on June 9.
Base camp – with fantastic views of K 2 and Chogolisa – lies on the Godwin Austen Glacier at an altitude of about 4900m.
Note: Itinerary (can be shortened or extended depending on time, weather and physical condition)
|Days||Destinations / Day by day itinerary||Accommodation|
|01||Arrive Islamabad transfer to hotel, afternoon sightseeing||Hotel|
|02||Drive to Chilas on Karakorum highway 11-12hrs 461||Hotel|
|03||Drive to Skardu along with Indus River 8-9hrs 290km||Hotel|
|04||Drive to Askoli 6-7 hrs 3000m||Camp|
|05||Trek to Jhola 5-6 hrs 3200m||Camp|
|06||Trek to Paiyu 6-7hrs 3450m||Camp|
|07||Rest day in Paiyu||Camp|
|08||Trek to Urdukas 6-7hrs 4050m||Camp|
|09||Trek to Goro-II (5-6 hrs) 4380m||Camp|
|10||Trek to Broad Peak 6-7hrs BC||Camp|
|11 / 41
||31 days for climbing||Camp|
|42||Trek to Ali camp 5010m||Camp|
|43||Trek to Hispung 4680m||Camp|
|44||Trek to Saicho 3330m||Camp|
|45||Trek to Hushe 3050m||Camp|
|46||Drive to Skardu 5-6 hrs||Hotel|
|47||Drive to Chilas 8-9hrs||Hotel|
|48||Drive from Chilas to Islamabad 11-12hrs||Hotel|
|49||Farewell meeting with Alpine Club||Hotel|
|50||Transfer to Islamabad airport for international flight|
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Dates & Prices
|Best Time For Climbing||Duration of Expedition||Group size||Expedition package|
|June - August||50 Days ISB-ISB||05-07-12 Climbers||Depends on group Size|
|Contact Us for Prices|
Services included in the Package
• Climbing permit process.
• Royalty of the Peak.
• Additional royalty fee per additional member above 7Pax.
• Environmental Fee
• Liaison officer/Guide daily wages and insurance
• Liaison officer /Guide equipment
• Staff: Guide, cook, assistant cook and kitchen Boy
• Cooking Equipment Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
• Camping Food: During trekking and at base camp.
• Porters: Required porters their wages, food, equipment, transport, and insurance.
• Accommodation with B/L/D(except in Islamabad)
• Transportation Islamabad to Islamabad
• Camping Equipment such as sleeping tent, mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, chairs, tables table lamps etc
• Member's personal baggage 75KGs per person way up to base camp and 50KGs per person way back after Expedition.
• Arrange welfare meeting with Alpine Club
• Cargo equipment storege.
• Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
• International flights tickets re-confirmation
• Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)