An early, extensive exploration was made by an international expedition under the leadership of Oskar Dhyrenfurth. The first ascent was made in 1958: The Americans Andy Kauffman and Pete Schoening reached the summit under unfavourable conditions via the South East Spur.
The name “Hidden Peak“goes back to the British explorer William Martin Conway, who gave this name to the mountain because of the fact that it is hidden behind the other peaks of the Gasherbrum group. Base camp on the Abruzzi Glacier
Note: Itinerary (can be shortened or extended depending on time, weather and physical condition)
|Days||Destinations / Day by day itinerary||Accommodation|
|01||Arrive Islamabad transfer to hotel, afternoon welfare meeting with ACP||Hotel|
|02||Drive to Chilas on Karakorum highway 11-12 hrs 461km||Hotel|
|03||Drive to Skardu along with Indus River 8-9hrs 290km||Hotel|
|04||Drive to Askoli 6-7hrs 3000m||Camp|
|05||Trek to Jhola 5-6hrs 3200m||Camp|
|06||Trek to Paiyu 6-7 hrs 3450m||Camp|
|07||Rest day in Paiyu||Camp|
|08||Trek to Khubursy 5-6 hrs||Camp|
|09||Trek to Urdukas 3-4hrs 4050m||Camp|
|10||Trek to Goro-II (5-6hrs) 4380m||Camp|
|11||Trek to Concordia 5-6hrs 4650m||Camp|
|12||Trek to Gasherbrum base camp 6-7hrs||Camp|
|13 / 40||28 days for climbing||Camp|
|41||Trek to Ali camp 5010m||Camp|
|42||Trek to Hispung 4680m||Camp|
|43||Trek to Dalspanga 4300m||Camp|
|44||Trek to Saicho 3330m||Camp|
|45||Trek to Hushe 3050m||Camp|
|46||Drive to Skardu 5-6 hrs||Hotel|
|47||Drive to Chilas 8-9hrs||Hotel|
|48||Drive to Islamabad 11-12hrs||Hotel|
|49||Morning farewell meeting with Alpine Club, afternoon sightseeing||Hotel|
|50||Transfer to Islamabad airport for international flight|
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Dates & Prices
|Best Time For Climbing||Duration of Expedition||Group size||Expedition package|
|June - August||50 Days ISB-ISB||05-07-12 Climbers||Depends on group Size|
|Contact Us for Prices|
Services included in the Package
• Climbing permit process.
• Royalty of the Peak.
• Additional royalty fee per additional member above 7Pax.
• Environmental Fee
• Liaison officer/Guide daily wages and insurance
• Liaison officer /Guide equipment
• Staff: Guide, cook, assistant cook and kitchen Boy
• Cooking Equipment Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
• Camping Food: During trekking and at base camp.
• Porters: Required porters their wages, food, equipment, transport, and insurance.
• Accommodation with B/L/D(except in Islamabad)
• Transportation Islamabad to Islamabad
• Camping Equipment such as sleeping tent, mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, chairs, tables table lamps etc
• Member's personal baggage 75KGs per person way up to base camp and 50KGs per person way back after Expedition.
• Arrange welfare meeting with Alpine Club
• Cargo equipment storege.
• Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
• International flights tickets re-confirmation
• Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)