The rate of success on K 2 is relatively low, the number of people who died on the mountain is very high. Apart from height, steep slopes and technical difficulties, it is the frequent changes of the weather which make the mountain so dangerous. The normal route via the Abruzzi Ridge is chosen by most expeditions so that it is usually equipped with fixed ropes.
Note: Itinerary (can be shortened or extended depending on time, weather and physical condition)
|Days||Destinations / Day by day itinerary||Accommodation|
|01||Arrive at Islamabad afternoon welfare meeting with Alpine Club||Hotel|
|02||Drive to Chilas on Karakorum highway 11-12hrs 461km||Hotel|
|03||Drive to Skardu along with Indus River 8-9hrs 290km||Hotel|
|04||Drive to Askoli 6-7 hrs 3000m||Camp|
|05||Trek to Jhola 6-7hrs 18 km 3200m||Camp|
|06||Trek to Paiyu 6-7-hrs 16.6km 3450m||Camp|
|07||Rest day in Paiyu||Camp|
|08||Trek to Urdukus 6-7hrs 15.9km 4050m||Camp|
|09||Trek to Goro-II 5-6hrs 12.1km 4380m||Camp|
|10||Trek to Concordia 4-5hrs 9.2km 4650m||Camp|
|11||Trek to K-2 base camp 6-7hrs||Camp|
|12/50||39 day for climbing||Camp|
|51||Trek back to Concordia||Camp|
|52||Full day trek to Ali Camp 9.5 km 5010m||Camp|
|53||Trek to Hispung after crossing Gondogoro La Pass 5680m||Camp|
|54||Trek to Saicho 4-5hrs 9.8 km 3330m||Camp|
|55||Trek to Hushe 4-5hrs 9.3km 3050m||Camp|
|56||Drive to Skardu 5-6hrs||Hotel|
|57||Drive to Chilas 8-9hrs||Hotel|
|58||Drive from Chilas to Islamabad 11-12hrs||Hotel|
|59||Morning farewell meeting with Alpine Club afternoon sightseeing||Hotel|
|60||Transfer to Islamabad airport for international flight|
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Dates & Prices
|Best Time For Climbing||Duration of Expedition||Group size||Expedition package|
|June - August||60 Days ISB-ISB||05-07-12 Climbers||Depends on group Size|
|Contact Us for Prices|
Services included in the Package
• Climbing permit process.
• Royalty of the Peak.
• Additional royalty fee per additional member above 7Pax.
• Environmental Fee
• Liaison officer/Guide daily wages and insurance
• Liaison officer /Guide equipment
• Staff: Guide, cook, assistant cook and kitchen Boy
• Cooking Equipment Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
• Camping Food: During trekking and at base camp.
• Porters: Required porters their wages, food, equipment, transport, and insurance.
• Accommodation with B/L/D(except in Islamabad)
• Transportation Islamabad to Islamabad
• Camping Equipment such as sleeping tent, mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, chairs, tables table lamps etc
• Member's personal baggage 75KGs per person way up to base camp and 50KGs per person way back after Expedition.
• Arrange welfare meeting with Alpine Club
• Cargo equipment storege.
• Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
• International flights tickets re-confirmation
• Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)